Sunday, August 14, 2011

Is it weird to date your best friend?

I just acquired a boyfriend one month ago. He is handsome, tall, and he is also my best friend. During the later part of last school year, him and I had like a two week fling where we were just making out and snuggling and stuff like that. Then after these two weeks he just pulled away and just said he wanted to be friends. I was heart broken because I liked him so much. So, my best girl friend and him and I became best friends instead. I never stopped liking him though, but I had to suppress that because he said he just wanted to be friends. Last month he said he still had feelings for me and he asked me what I thought. I had always had feelings for him and yet I still thought of him as my best friend. I want to be all lovey dovey towards him and stuff, but I find it very difficult to just let go and stop being awkward around him because he is my best friend. I asked him why he just wanted to be friends before and he said that he really liked me and felt he hadnt gotten all the wild party boy out of him yet and didnt want to screw it up. Now he feels like he is grown up enough. Have any of you ever dated your best friends? Is is supposed to feel kind of awkward at first? Am I making a mistake? What do you think about this situation in general?

No comments:

Post a Comment